Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Stocking Thief


here is the Scanlon Holiday card, 2005. Why am I posting this in April?

Why not? :)

Every year, my husband and I design a Holiday card for family, friends and colleagues. This year, I did this watercolor/ink illustration of "The Stocking Thief."

My husband, graphic designer extraordinaire, added the snowflakes and the holly border.

This was done with my old, now broken Rapidograph pen. *snif* (get over it, Helen--you have three new ones now!)

The stocking thief shows a playful and naughty horse who has just run off with a Christmas stocking.

I have met horses who do this. Anything not bolted down and within their reach was snagged, dragged or stepped on. Brushes, buckets and even very expensive sadddles. Ouch.

They sure know how to get attention, huh?

4 Comments:

At 13 April, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got mine! :-)

I consider it autographed artwork! I keep every cool card and artwork that have been giving to me. Did you know I have a whole folder of just YOUR artwork from all the years I've known you?

 
At 13 April, 2006 , Blogger Sound the Bugle Studio said...

OH MY GOD!

You do?

I wanna see!

(I'm honored) *blush*

 
At 20 April, 2006 , Blogger Rachel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 20 April, 2006 , Blogger Sound the Bugle Studio said...

I HATE BLOG SPAM!

Right, carry on.

:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home