Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Monday, April 10, 2006

Spring Fever!

I've got one commission on the table, and another next in line...And after I finish those, I want to start my BIG watercolor of the three founding Arabian sires.

(Waiting for my new Rapidograph pens to arrive-- I broke my former Rapidograph pen on Friday. Ugh. Woe and misery. Let's just say I'm a klutz!But, turning lemons into lemonade, I got online and ordered a sweet deal---three pens, three tips, a carrying case and a bottle of ink.) (All better!)

Waiting for Mr. Postman to bring me my delightful new purchase...

I feel like I want to do something large and colorful... and I have a huge sheet of Arches watercolor paper just itching to get on the table.

I have started the studies, so now it's time to get serious about it. I think the warmer weather has motivated me.

A special note of thanks to Brandy Gale---she is a true professional with endless amounts of great advice and warm encouragement. She is one heck of a talented expressionist, too.

Check out her work at www.singlemaltcove.com

and take a look at her portrait of my Tom Tom: http://www.kittengale.com/pages/ptgtomtom.html

Her use of color is amazing. I'm a fan!

Brandy, thanks for everything. You are an inspiration to this artist.

And thanks to the Windham Theatre Guild for displaying some of my artwork during your production of Smokey Joe's Cafe. Your dedication to promoting local art is admirable...I thank you!

2 Comments:

At 11 April, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! It even LOOKS like Tom Tom!
I've seen that expresion on his face...

 
At 12 April, 2006 , Blogger Sound the Bugle Studio said...

She captured him perfectly.

You should see this painting firsthand--the colors will blow you away.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home