Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Lusitano Grey





Lusitano Grey, 24" x 36", acrylic on gallery wrap canvas. (top: entire image, bottom: detail of head)
For sale, e-mail me to inquire. soundthebuglestudio (at) charter.net

Fresh off the easel!

It finally cooled down so I could finish this painting. THANK YOU Mother Nature! Geez, this summer has been BRUTAL! My studio gets like an oven.
It was in the 70s and breezy today, and I felt great. I haven't been able to paint in so long!

I love Lusitano horses, and I love a dark grey mane against a white/steel grey dappled coat. So, I decided to paint a grey Lusitano!
I did a very similar pose like this on a smaller scale, a pastel/charcoal piece called Movement. I sold Movement last year, so I thought I would bring the pose back for a large painting since I enjoyed it so much.
This stallion was caught in the middle of a gallop, his mane and forelock whipping in the wind.

And congrats to my friend Nikki who recently got her very own Lusitano stallion! He's an incredible gold color, just breathtaking. So happy they found each other.

Congrats also go out to my incredible art mentee, Ian, for getting a Champion ribbon and Reserve Champion ribbon with his lovely mare, Fiona.

Happy August!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home