Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

lest you forget that I also do pet portraits...



Here's the latest!

This wonderful mastiff/shepherd mix is Lytton. His portrait is 11 inches by 14 inches, and was rendered in charcoal and Rembrandt pastel.

Lytton's owner did not have a lot of photos of him because, well, he's extremely camera shy! She wanted a portrait of him with a noble, alert look on his face. I took several (faraway and zoomed in!) photos of him myself, and studied the results and rendered this pose and expression. Isn't he handsome?

Lytton is a big, friendly boy, and when he drinks water--he sticks his WHOLE nose deep into the bowl. I saw that firsthand and it completely made my day. What a great dog!

Go to my pet portrait website to learn how you can commission your very own pet portrait. (They also make great gifts!)

copy and paste in your browser:

www.helenscanlonpetportraits.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home