Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Thursday, June 04, 2009

A dressage great, a true Champion: Brentina retires

Great story and fantastic photos of Brentina's retirement ceremony, April 17, 2009 in Las Vegas:

http://www.dressage-news.com/?p=538

and... I found some great vids of the ceremony! Look at that passage she does to Aretha Franklin! Is this horse great or what? (go ahead...I dare you not to cry when you watch these videos):



and, make sure you see this video, too. It's just beautiful:

http://www.clubequestrian.com/videos/watch/1097218420.aspx

Brentina was one of the greats in dressage; a powerful, graceful, beautiful coppery chestnut mare with a sweet face and a big heart. She had incredible natural talent and she achieved dressage greatness with the wonderful Debbie McDonald on her back. Their harmonious performances delighted and awed so many.

What a team. Check out this video of them in action:



Thank you, Brentina. Enjoy your retirement! I wish you happiness and lots of sweet treats.

2 Comments:

At 05 June, 2009 , Blogger Kim, Mia, Annabelle, Zuzu and Miso said...

I'm so glad you put the freestyle up too, as I hadn't seen this before -- I got teary when "Respect" kicks in. Such an amazing horse!

 
At 05 June, 2009 , Blogger Sound the Bugle Studio said...

I love Brentina. I have so enjoyed watching her and Debbie perform over the years! my heart would always skip a beat when I saw her step into the arena.
And glad you liked that freestyle. Amazing, huh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home