Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Sunday, May 31, 2009

more in progress...



1. More charcoal is added. An eraser is used to blend and add texture.
2. Color is added. Watered down acrylic paint adds a little depth to the horse's coat
3. More acrylic paint is added for some background. I chose watered down cobalt blue. I love how it blends with the charcoal to add shapes and textures.

Final piece, coming up!

I love fast drying quality of acrylic paint. I tend to work quickly, and acrylic paint ensures that I don't have to wait too long to work between layers. The muse in my head can get captured before it gallops away....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home