Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Saturday, July 11, 2009

summertime studio update


Currently on the easel: a bright bay on 30 inch by 30 inch Gessobord panel.

I love bays, I think it just might be my favorite horse color. A bay coat holds a prism of color: cobalt blues, deep violets, crimson, magenta...
When the sun hits a bay horse, you can see a rainbow in each strand of their hair. The black mane and tail are also rich with deep blues and russet tones.

Heavenly!

(above image is a detail from "Here Comes That Farrier Again." This pastel/charcoal piece depicts a bay horse looking for that person who makes a lot of clanging noises and smoke...)

Also, in the studio: an almost completed dog portrait. Pet portraits are so much fun! I love doing them. Visit my pet portrait website here (copy and paste in your browser):

www.helenscanlonpetportraits.blogspot.com

Ordering a pet or horse portrait is so easy...And it makes a great gift. Thinking about it? Just e-mail me with any questions: soundthebuglestudio (at) charter.net
and put "portrait" in the subject line.

I love hearing from folks, so drop me a line.

Back to the studio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home