Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Open Studio: A success! Thank you everyone!

(Helen Scanlon, posing with "Cantering Mare" and "Mr. Big Stuff," Open Studio, Nov. 2007)

The 2007 Holiday Open Studio was a big success! I got to see some old friends, and make some new ones. Thank you to everyone who came by! All of you got me into the Holiday spirit....
(Helen Scanlon posing with "The Arabian Mare" and "Baroque" Open Studio Nov. 2007)

Here's one of my very favorite charcoal drawings, "Legend II" in its frame. Pardon the glare from the glass.
Here's my display table. I unearthed some childhood horse drawings and displayed them: the yellowed- from- time graphite drawing in blue paper (done as a 13 year old in 1980), the charcoal next to it (done as 14 year old in 1981), and the charcoal drawing in the case right next to my arm (that was done in 1979 when I was 12!)

I must give many, many thanks to my wonderful, sweet and talented husband Steve of Scanlon Design Services--he designed and printed all the note cards, designed my official website, designed all the studio printed material, AND set up the Christmas tree and the laptop in the studio. He also took a bunch of great pictures! What a guy! *big smiles*

This last pic is a candid close up of me with "Cantering Mare"--note my happy smile. Thanks again to all of my studio visitors. Stay tuned for a Spring Open Studio! Send me an e-mail at soundthebuglestudio (at) charter.net if you would like to be added to my mailing list.

(note to self: make more gift baskets next year! They were a hit!)

Happy Holidays everyone!

1 Comments:

At 26 November, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home