Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Arabian Mare


The Arabian Mare, 2007, charcoal and crimson chalk pastel, approx 9x12 inches.

In this piece, I aimed to capture capture the soft, gentle and proud beauty of an Arabian mare. Arabians are known for their love of people and this mare is no exception. I wanted to give her a feminine, sweet face that says, "please approach me and give me scratch right under my forelock and a soft pat on my neck."

I am hoping to have this piece framed and ready to go at the November Open Studio.

see www.soundthebuglestudio.com for Open Studio details.

1 Comments:

At 08 November, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow -- she looks great here -- this one really transfers well to the computer screen! Usually I think the comp screen doesn't do your pieces full justice, but this piece looks awesome!

Again, can't wait to see her framed! Such a pretty mare!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home