Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Grey in Blue and Green



Grey in Blue and Green, 2010. 36" x 48", Acrylic on deep cradled gessoboard. (bottom image is a close up).

This dapple grey horse trotted straight out of my imagination and onto the board. I enjoy using bold colors and strong lines when I paint. The acrylic paint needs several coats to create the saturated color, and I really get to know my horse muse with each brush stroke.

This new horse is enjoying a bit of a spontaneous piaffe.

If you would like to add this piece to your collection, please e-mail me at soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Please come to the Open Studio May 1 and 2nd to see this new piece up close!
Sound the Bugle Studio is located at 6 Kenyon Rd., Hampton, Connecticut and the open studio hours are 11am-4pm. See you on May 1 and 2nd!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home