Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Pencil sketches...


...are fun!

This little Arabian pranced out my mind and on to the paper as I sat in my favorite comfy chair watching a great movie, with a belly full of yummy Christmas dinner leftovers. The happy look on this horse's face reflects my mood at the time. :-)

Did I mention what Santa brought me this year? (drum roll):

A NEW EASEL !!!

Since my painting studio is not insulated yet, and well, it's really cold out--I have to wait until Spring to use it...

Many thanks to Santa, also known as my wonderful husband, Steve, for my easel. It is beautiful! And it can hold a HUGE canvas or board. *happy dance*

There will be much painting when the daffodils start poking their little heads through the dirt...

2 Comments:

At 22 January, 2010 , Blogger Berts Blog said...

I accidently came upon your sight while just doing the Next Blog thing and wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your work. I shall look for you again.
Sincerely
Vickie

 
At 28 January, 2010 , Blogger Sound the Bugle Studio said...

Thank you, Vickie! :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home