Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Santa was good to the Breyer geek!

Santa (who goes by the name of Steve Scanlon) was very good to me this year. First, he gave me the stunningly beautiful Breyer of the 2007 Belmont winning filly, Rags to Riches (above). This mold was sculpted by Sue Sifton.





Then, as an extra special super surprise, he also gave me Wintersong, the 2007 Breyer Holiday horse. (above). Wintersong is a beautiful grey Shire sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

There is still a little horse crazy girl inside of me who just goes all to mush when she sees a Breyer horse. (yes, I collected them as a kid...) (Uh, and I guess you could say I still collect them...)

Breyer horses are gorgeous pieces of affordable art that feature the talents of some amazing equine sculptors and model painters. Check out Brigitte Eberl's Keltec Salinero when you get a chance. It is her first sculpture for Breyer and it is absolutely breathtaking. (Yes, I own it.)

Much respect to the equine sculptors of the world: thanks for sharing your talent with us!


...and thanks to you too, Santa. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home