Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Smarty Party pics!






On June 21, 2005 Sound the Bugle Studio held a "Smarty Party" to show off my big ol' Smarty Jones painting before I shipped it off to Three Chimneys farm in Kentucky.

There were lots of cookies, horse racing information and memorabilia, a slide show (yay), a movie on the history of horse racing, and just lots of horsin' around. It was a fun equine related event, if I do say so myself.
The press was there and an article about this little horsey party was covered in the Horsemen's Yankee Pedlar.

Here are some pictures from the event.

Top photo: Welcome to Sound the Bugle Studio! Have some cookies! Have some Smarties candy!
Middle photo: Some horse lovers/racing fanatics/Smarty partygoers with their silly hostess for the evening.
Bottom photo: A shot of me looking at the painting of that chestnut racing champion who stole my heart in 2004. Sigh...Smarty Jones...

We love ya, Smarty Jones!

Afterword

The Smarty painting arrived safely at Three Chimneys (thanks UPS) and I recieved a sweet thank you note from the farm. They are a top-notch establishment, and they are giving Smarty the life of a King!

Three Chimneys farm was also home to the legendary Seattle Slew, another of my equine heroes. It thrills me to know they have one of my paintings in their collection.

Note: As I respect photographer's copyrights, no reference photo was used to create this painting of Smarty. I studied his color, markings and facial expression from images I have seen in various media. When I created this painting, I used the knowledge from my studies to create this original pose. No photo was traced, projected or copied to create this painting.

4 Comments:

At 09 February, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen pulled out all the stops on this one! A wonderful time with my favorite artist!

 
At 09 February, 2006 , Blogger Sound the Bugle Studio said...

awww shucks, thanks!!! It was fun, huh? The equine party vibe was awesome.

Never knew I could fit so many horse lovers in my studio at one time. I almost ran out of cookies.

 
At 10 February, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Running out of cookies would be a bad thing. :-)

 
At 10 February, 2006 , Blogger Sound the Bugle Studio said...

could you imagine? there would be mayhem.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home