Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year


Happy 2006 to all!

This year will mark my 10th wedding anniversary... I can't believe it. It seems like only yesterday I was going on my first date with the funny, cute, blond guy!

Last night, I was in bed by 9pm, so I am toasting the New Year over breakfast. I'm no Paris Hilton--can't stay out all hours whooping it up with the jet set.

Last night's blizzard left a nice blanket of snow on the ground. I woke to a dazzling Winter Wonderland... So nice. I am not sick of winter--yet. Wait and see---by the end of January I will be complaining about the snow.

2005 was a Good Year. Why?

I learned valuable lessons in 2005: Cherish your health. Surround yourself with people who enrich your life. Be with people who support and nurture you. Fun is essential for life. Rest your mind, body and soul when it all gets to be too much. Take care of yourself. Tell your friends how much they rock; true friends are a real treasure.

And most of all, be true to yourself. In the words of Joseph Campbell from The Power of Myth, "Follow your bliss."

Here's to a healthy and happy New Year!

4 Comments:

At 01 January, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right back atcha!
-Cute, funny, blond guy

 
At 02 January, 2006 , Blogger Sound the Bugle Studio said...

oh yay! the funny cute blond guy!

:)

 
At 02 January, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your summary of '05 was awesome. I just copied it for it my wall. You're right up there with Saint Theresa and Bon Jovi! Rock on...Kathy

 
At 02 January, 2006 , Blogger Sound the Bugle Studio said...

thank you!

Saint Theresa AND Bon Jovi?? Wow!

:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home