Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Saturday, December 10, 2005

And now..Poetry!


Horses are poetry in motion, and my friend Katie has written a poem for all of us Sound the Bugle Studio bloggers!
Katie is 16, and is an avid writer and a talented equestrian--she's riding the fabulous Noble in the above picture.
She recently finished up her polo lessons at UConn, and I can attest that she is fearless and has a velcro seat! (When the polo mallets are flying and the horses get all wound up--Katie stays ON.)

I told her she had better go to a college with a riding program or she's in BIG TROUBLE. *grin*

So here's a taste of an up and coming talent in the poetry world:


Boundless

all the colors blend

the sun sets patiently behind the clouds

my heart is left with the sound of thunder

I fall asleep with their soft scent

nestled in my memory



all the colors blend

the sun rises vengefully into the night sky

my skin knows how they feel

I wake to their soft breaths against my cold cheeks

staring into the eyes that will always bring me comfort



all the colors blend

with the pallet of the desert air

I'm where I belong

I'll ride through every night with my confidants

the boundless horses of dreams


--Katie Duncan, 2005

2 Comments:

At 10 December, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

very pretty poem! I love the picture too. It fits.
well done!

 
At 12 December, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work, Katie!
It would be fun to get you and I and Helen on a ride together sometime!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home