Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Happy Winter Solstice






The Holidays are fast approaching... And winter is officially here!

I wish everyone Happy Holidays and a Fabulous Winter Solstice...

Keep warm...be well...be joyful...



Signs that Old Man Winter has arrived:

1. The deer are eating my evergreen bushes.
2. The furnace turns on every 10 or so minutes.
3. I faint at the sight of the oil bill.
4. I am in bed by 7pm.

BUT --I did finish the ink outline of Copar's portrait last night. The color studies are next--he is a bright, beautiful red chestnut color, so this will be fun! He has a very expressive face, too.

I included a picture of him in today's entry so you can see what I mean. Isn't he handsome? I got to meet him at this year's Ride for the Cure, and as you can see, we hit it off.

For more info on the Quiet Corner's Ride for the Cure, go here: www.quietcornersride.com

Congrats to the Platinum team of Rebecca and Copar!

2 Comments:

At 21 December, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're riding for Robert Smith...?

 
At 21 December, 2005 , Blogger Sound the Bugle Studio said...

It's a trail ride that raises funds for breast cancer research.

go here to find out more:

www.quietcornersride.com

They raised about 58k this year. A worthwhile cause, and a fun time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home