Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Trail Riding


I have been on some amazing trail rides...Oh, how I love trail rides.

I must give many thanks to the great people (Jan, Pam) who give this horseless horse nut a chance to ride through the woods and open fields of the "Quiet Corner."

On Misty, (pictured above) I rode through deep woods and jumped a log or two. I'll never forget the moonlit ride on the rail trail--the full moon was reflected off of the marsh and it was so peaceful and magical. There were some exciting moments too, especially when Misty decided to channel Seabiscuit. YEE-haw! Misty is a sweet, reliable trail mount (who likes to be in the lead) and I enjoyed riding her very much.

My current trail steed is a wonderful Tennessee Walker named Obi. This horse is amazing. Smooth as butter, completely trustworthy and cute as a button. We've had some fun rides. On one memorable ride, we came upon an abandoned house--in the middle of the woods. Spooky! It was GREAT! It was so, "Blair Witch."

So remember this the next time you are feeling down:

"A canter will cure all ills."

I believe it. Happy trails!

2 Comments:

At 08 December, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

THEN! We have literally been implored to "give the boys some exercise" as Pam is on call.

My lesson is Sunday--which will suck if I don't get on a horse before then.

Let's BUNDLE UP and go out on Saturday?
Cold? Pshaw!
What are we--? Horsewomen or, um, mice?
An Obi/TIm ride!
WITH JINGLE BELLS!

 
At 08 December, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOH! Jingle Bells!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home