Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Man o' War


Man o' War, 2011. Acrylic on canvas, 16" x20"

Wow, I had so much fun with this painting!

I had a craving to paint Man o' War in a classic conformation pose using bold color and line.
This painting also features little touches of iridescent copper and silver paint.

This painting was done without a reference photo; I used the images that are forever burned in my brain of this great horse.(I've only been ooohing and aaahing over Man o' War since I was knee-high to a grasshopper, so I had a lot to go on.) *smile*

Man o' War is for sale, e-mail me at soundthebuglestudio (at) charter.net to inquire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home