Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Thursday, December 10, 2009

'tis the season


it's time for some Studio Updates and Holiday Wishes!

2009 is winding down...and, WOW, what a year.

The studio really picked up some speed this year: great commissions, fantastic open studios, a gallery show...I am really excited for 2010.

Currently on the drawing table:
--a two-horse portrait commission
--a logo design in progress
--Man o' War's portrait--the final panel of the Legendary Sires triptych.

My Legend IV: Whirlaway drawing goes to its new home this Saturday. I'll miss ol' Whirly, but I know he will be going to someone who will absolutely cherish him. :-)

I am so grateful for everyone's support. Drawing and painting one of the most majestic creatures to ever to put a hoof on the planet is a great honor. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Also, one of my greatest joys is capturing a beloved pet with my pencil and paintbrush. Go here for more details:

Pet Portraits by Helen Scanlon

I offer a unique service with my custom horse and pet portraits: if you do not have great quality photos (or no photos at all) of the animal, I can render a portrait with descriptions for an additonal fee. All portraits are hand-rendered and given your seal of approval before they are called done.

Contact me at soundthebuglestudio (at) charter.com if you want to know more.

(pssssst..I also offer gift certificates... they are a big hit on Christmas morning!)

Have a safe, happy and healthy Holiday, everyone!

Helen

1 Comments:

At 12 January, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! You too, Helen!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home