Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Monday, August 25, 2008

Movement


Movement, 2008. 9" x 12", charcoal, graphite and chalk pastel on deep cradled gessobord. Varnish finish.

available for purchase, e-mail me at soundthebuglestudio (at) charter.net

I like to show my artistic process. I don't cover it up. You can see lines, ghosts of lines erased and re-drawn, blending and re-working: it's all there. I don't use photos to create pieces; instead I use memory and imagination. Memory and imagination are not static and the lines reflect that.

This piece is 9x12 inches, and I just ordered a 30 inch by 30 inch board. Time to work big!

coming up: live studies from Crossen Arabians in Coventry, CT.

2 Comments:

At 15 September, 2008 , Blogger Free Rein Art Studio said...

I really enjoy the fluid lines and movement in this one.
I enjoy your work!

 
At 15 September, 2008 , Blogger Sound the Bugle Studio said...

Yay, Sue! Great to see you here, and thank you! I adore your artwork.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home