Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

March 2008 Studio News


As winter winds down, the studio gears up.

On the table:

-- a preliminary sketch of a gorgeous Champion bulldog named Peach. Her sweet face is captivating me!
--Finished my portrait panel of Merlin, the wise malamute mix. I won't post it here until Merlin's mom sees the actual painting..so stay tuned...
--Still working on my belgians in harness watercolor. I need to paint and draw more draft horses. I love them.
--My book on Arabian horses needs a few more illustrations, and then it will be good to go. I am so excited! I will be self-publishing, so this will be a whole new adventure for me. Wish me luck.
--Watch this space for Spring Open Studio announcements. I will have a few new pieces to sell.

....and the official studio website, www.soundthebuglestudio.com, has been updated and revamped. Check it out!

Also in the works--a website devoted entirely to my pet portraits. Stay tuned for an official website unveiling.

Whew. Well, that's enough to keep me busy for a while.

Be well, be happy and remember to breathe deeply! :)

Helen

pictured: my big buddy, Black Jack, smiles for the camera.

1 Comments:

At 06 March, 2008 , Blogger CL said...

What a pretty horse...I like the pink nose!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home