Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

As we head into June...

...I am looking forward to a productive summer...

I turn the big 4-0 in July (hooooray!) , I am going to Maine in August, and I just got bitten by the printmaking bug and I am going to be a printmaking fool all summer! I am inspired by the beauty of Spring in Connecticut's Quiet Corner, so I have decided to do some landscape prints. How could I not? Everything is blooming!

Thanks to my dear friend Maggie Kendis for being so generous with her time and showing me the finer points of cutting linoleum for prints. (AND--She told me we can do more studio days any time... She's so motivating, and her studio is HUGE! YAY!)

UCRingmaster just went to my framer, Claudette, for a custom frame job complete with a brass plaque. Thanks to Kim and Claudette for helping me pick out the appropriate "masculine" mat colors for this mighty stallion's portrait. (No, Helen, don't use dusty lilac or rose pink!)

And congrats to the University of Connecticut's Women's Polo team on their THIRD National Championship. Way to go!

2 Comments:

At 30 May, 2007 , Blogger CL said...

40!?
YOU'RE OLD!!!!
hahahahahaha

Welcome to the Middle-Age Club! Now you can sit around with me and complain! Yea! :-D

from one old crone to another

 
At 28 June, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, how are those prints looking?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home