Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Friday, November 25, 2005

pencil studies!


Pencil studies sure are fun... One beautiful late spring day, I set a blanket out on my front lawn, fixed a plate of cheese and crackers, and drew a bunch of equine studies. I drew about 15 quick pencil studies, and I decided later to put the some of them on notecards.

I love being expressive with a few, quick pencil lines. There is a horse that lives in my mind and I can bring him to life with a few strokes of graphite. This is how the Territorial Stallion study featured in this entry came to be....He's one of my favorites...I just thought about him and drew him.

Other things I did on that day included: eating a lot, playing my guitar and breaking a string, and napping.

I love days like that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home