Sound The Bugle Studio

The studio journal of Sound the Bugle Studio, featuring the works of Helen Scanlon, Equine Artist. E-mail sales inquiries to: soundthebuglestudio@charter.net

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

It's 2009!

2008 was a GREAT year for the Sound the Bugle Studio. It marked my fifth year as a professional artist and it was the best year yet.

Some highlights:

* I had three Open Studios and met some great new people and saw some old friends, too.
* Chatted about my artwork with Sal Scalora! Awesome!
* My drawing, Collected, was juried into Polo Players' Edition Magazine's Art Issue.
* I had over a month long exhibit at the Willimantic Food Co-op's Art Space. Thanks to Chad for doing such a great job with the display.
* I was honored to be a Gold Sponsor of the Dressage Affaire in Del Mar, California. My drawing, Concentration, was featured in their auction and all proceeds went to help horses in need.
* I created lots of new works including Legend III: The Godolphin Arabian, Belgians in Harness, Infatuation and Cantering Mare II.

Thank you to all of you for your support. It means a lot to me.

Helen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home